DecisionPad 4 Specifications
- Uses the mathematically-rigorous “multivariate utility analysis” methodology
- Matrix view is primary presentation
- Optional tree display of all decision elements expedites editing
- JumpStart wizard provides optional guidance for setting up the matrix for typical decision types such as purchasing or employee evaluation
- Control over sorting and subset display of matrix and reports
- Notes can be attached to criteria, alternatives, evaluators, weights, value cells and by topic globally
- Global text styles can be added and applied to any printable document. This includes font, size and color
- Logo image, title, introductory comments and/or footer can be added to any printable document or to ballots
- View your worksheet and reports in a window or a tabbed view
- Up to 1000 alternatives, criteria or evaluators so long as alternatives times criteria times evaluators is under 100,000
- Alternatives can be shown as a coded “alias” for confidentiality
- Real-time ranking of alternatives in Worksheet View.
- Alternatives can be ‘pruned’, allowing decision makers to concentrate only on viable options. Pruning can be configured using:
- disqualified alternatives
- alternatives without data
- keep only the best alternatives in the worksheet
- keep only a certain number of alternatives (alternative number 1 though X).
Criteria and Scales:
- Criteria can be grouped into an outline multilevel structure.
- 16 built-in editable scales for scoring alternative values
- Up to 1000 custom scales can be defined using keywords, ranking, ratings, numbers or dates.
- Easily apply your own scoring rules to custom scales, choose what options score the highest or the lowest or apply to end points and assign them a rating.
- Scoring numeric range settable by number or percentage (0 to 10 default).
- Scales can have non-linear or non-monotonic utility functions (e.g. risk-aversion or mid-point best criteria)
- Must Have levels can be set for any criterion (with a monotonic utility scale)
- Must Have levels disqualifies from the ranking but still shows its score
- Multiple evalutors or stakeholders can be added as a third-dimension
- Each evaluator has their own alternatives-criteria-rankings worksheet
- An automatic summary worksheet of the viewpoints is provided
- Any two axis of the matrix can be viewed on screen at once; views are instantly switchable with toolbar controls
- Each criterion's weight or values can be defined to be global, same for all evaluators (eg facts), or can be individually set by evaluators (subjective opinions)
Web Weights and Values Entry (balloting):
- Evaluators and/or assistants can enter opinions and information online through a web browser
- People can be pre-defined as evaluators or may self-register during login, or both
- Ballot definition, upload, status monitoring and download from within DecisionPad (no FTP software required)
- Intergrated email invitation and reminder system provided (requires access to SMTP mail server)
- Ballots can have a logo, title, footer and notes defining the alternatives and critria
- Requires a folder on the Apian balloting cloud server for each project during balloting (contact sales for folders)
Weights and Values:
- Four configurable weighting methods:
- Percentages (automatically maintains 100%)
- Words like High or Very-Low
- Values can be assigned in the worksheet view with drop down menus, with a slider or button set, or typed in for numerical or keyword scales
- Weights can be set with sliders, buttons or by typing values
- Weights or subjective values sortable for confirmation of order of importance or quality
- Weights and Values can be set with paired comparisons
- Sensitivity Analysis:
- Impact indicators shown either as up/down arrows on matrix cells indicating the ones having the most effect on the decision or bar graph sparks or the score contributions
- Unknown values show up a score range of possible outcomes
- In addition to the Matrix/Worksheet view, several customizable reports or “Views” are available to break out different elements of your project for analysis.
- Create graphical reports for the Scores, Values and Weights you are utilizing in your project
- Weight Sensitivity Report automatically moves each weight over a 0 to 3x range and shows what effect that would have on the top 3 rankings, in tabular and spark graph form
- Experiments Report lets you establish a baseline and then make modifications to the weights and values, recording the changes
- Scatterplots can show the scored values of pairs of criteria or total scores to look for win-win alternatives or new possible combinations
- Individual Alternatives Report shows the ranking, rating and notes (selectable) for each alternative, such as employee ratings
- Layout options for reports including fonts, logo, titles and footers
- Customize your report with your own logo.
- Create multiple versions of each report/view
- Supports comma-separated (.csv) or tab delimited (.tab) data files
- Can import or export alternative names, criterion names, weights, must haves, values and/or notes
- Windows 2000, ME, XP, Vista, 7, 8 and later on 32-bit or 64-bit computers
- Any minimum processor and RAM that will run Windows will run DecisionPad
DecisionPad is easy to explain, analytically powerful, and gives you the flexibility to collect and analyze data in the ways that work for you. You can Download the Demo to try DecisionPad for free, or contact Sales with any questions or to order: email@example.com, (800) 237-4565.