Technical Support Overview
Apian Software’s Technical Support team offers top-quality in-house support. Our team is judged on how successful you are, not how fast they can end phone calls. The staff members work closely with our development team to make sure they quickly help you move forward with your project.
- Support Contracts
- Support Contract Pricing
- Free Support
- Coaching and Filework – Hourly Training and Assistance
- Custom Project Support – Web Hosting and Scanning
- Support Policies
A support contract covers either the SurveyPro family or the DecisionPad family. If you own both please contact email@example.com for a combined quote .
Support contracts come in two "sizes": Single and Site. With a Single support contract, you may have one person from your organization contact support (your contact person can be changed once per year). A Site support contract allows an unlimited number of contact people from one physical location or site. All support contracts cover installations of software and online projects on systems under your organization’s direct control.
Support contracts come in two "flavors": Gold and Platinum. All contracts include phone and/or email support.
- Gold Single: One contact person, 6 incidents/year
- Gold Site: Many contact people, 15 incidents/year
- Platinum Single: One contact person, unlimited incidents
- Platinum Site: Many contact people, unlimited incidents
|Covers all contracted family's current products|
|Highly trained support technicians|
|Phone and email|
|1 business day response time (usually faster)|
|Up to 6 incidents per year for Single|
|Up to 15 incidents per year for Site|
|4 business hour response time (usually faster)|
|Unlimited incidents per year|
|Document Review before sending out your survey or decision|
|Covers NetCollect installed on your own server|
An “incident” includes as many phone calls and emails as it takes to resolve the issue you contacted us about. An “issue” would include specific questions about using the software, or any problems encountered such as error messages or difficulty publishing. For example, a question such as “I can’t figure out how to create a particular scale” would be included in a support contract. More general questions, such as “I need help setting up a survey” or “How do I make reports” are likely to fall under the category of Coaching. Please see below for details on our personalized training.Back to top ^
Included No Charge with All SurveyPro or DecisionPad Purchases:
- 30 days of free technical support with any purchase of SurveyPro or DecisionPad. The 30 days starts on the day your order is processed and you are emailed download instructions.
- Maintenance releases to your current version of the software (patches) are downloadable no charge from our website.
- Access to the Online Knowledgebase.
- Phone or Email Support is always free for:
- Installation issues
- Anomalous behavior in the software/Error Messages
- Problems with saved or published files
Included No Charge with Active QuestionWeb Folders, Free Support on:
- Logging into and using the QuestionWeb Control Panel
- Publishing and uploading to QuestionWeb folders
- Downloading data from QuestionWeb folders
Included if you purchased Remark OMR scanning software through Apian Software:
- Support for Remark used with SurveyPro is included as if it were a family member – you have one source for help.
- Applies when your SurveyPro is covered by a support contract, coaching session or the 30-day free coverage
DecisionPad support includes the use of balloting folders.
For other issues, please see the support contract descriptions above.Back to top ^
Coaching and Filework – Hourly Training and Assistance
Some organizations find they want personalized training on our products. Or, you might find you have a looming deadline and need some assistance to prepare your survey or decision. Coaching and FileWork are done by the same highly trained technicians you're used to for Technical Support.
Coaching is done one-on-one over the phone and the web, as a personalized training class, using tools that let you both 'share' a computer screen as if you were in the same room. They will teach you in depth the step-by-step process for your current SurveyPro or DecisionPad project. For SurveyPro this includes all aspects of the survey process: questionnaire design, data collection, and report generation. You can even use your own project file as the example for your training, so your project is moving towards completion during your session.
FileWork is hourly work done on your project. Just email us the file, and we’ll get to work on anything from creating your questionnaire or decision matrix to fine-tuning reports.
Our customers often use Coaching and FileWork for:
- Step-by-step walk-throughs to help you create or modify your questionnaires, decision matrix and reports
- Targeted training for your organization's needs
- Individual tutorials in setting up web surveys
- Repair, correction, or import of data files generated by non-Apian products or services
- Polishing the layout of questionnaires and reports
- Data cleaning
- Guidance through a process like scanning surveys, web survey management or decision balloting.
- Help in meeting a deadline
To schedule Coaching or FileWork, please contact our Technical Support department directly at (800) 237-4565 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to top ^
Custom Project Support – Web Hosting and Scanning
If you would like us to handle the scanning of paper forms or host a web survey, please ask. We may be able to quote an attractive solution. Contact email@example.com or call (800) 237-4565 to discuss your project needs.Back to top ^
Support Hours and Contact Information
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toll-free phone support: (800) 237-4565, or (206) 547-5321 if toll-free not available
- Support is available Monday through Friday during business hours Pacific time.
- Your total time to a solution will generally be best sending an email with screen shots and/or project file that show the issue
- You will be contacted by a Support representative
- within 4 business hours with a Platinum contract
- within 1 business day with a Gold contract
- Installation of the NetCollect Server Applcation on your server require a Platinum Support Agreement
- Support is not provided on 3rd party installations, where online surveys are hosted on servers outside of your complete control. For online surveys, we recommend using your own web server or the QuestionWeb service. Generally, 3rd party shared server setups can create conflicts with the server application required to run online surveys.
Support Period for Previous Versions of Software
Previous versions of software will be supported for 1 year after a new version of the same software product has been released.
We are no longer offering support on SurveyPro 2.0, DirectCollect 3.0, NetCollect 3.0 (and all prior versions), or PERL Server Installations.
We understand that your project is sensitive, and sometimes the information is not even yours, but your client's. All project files sent to Apian are used only for the resolution of a technical problem or for the services we are providing. Apian has never, and will never, use either the design or data without your express written permission. We shred faxed or printed surveys and reports when the support issue is resolved, and safeguard any electronic versions with the same level of care we use for our own corporate data.
Terms and pricing subject to change without notice.